[oak perl] Interesting Blog Entry

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu May 29 18:36:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:23:25PM -0700, George Woolley wrote:
> url of blog entry:
> http://luqui.org/blog/archives/2008/05/29/
> oo-is-not-the-one-true-paradigm-but-haskell-still-sucks-at-it/
>
> note:   url above is [probably] on two lines.

'tis indeed.

I've found a couple of neat tricks for long URLs:
<http://tinyurl.com/>, which has widgets for your browser toolbar, and
putting the URLs inside angle brackets, which generally lets email
clients know not to stuff linebreaks inside :)

What other strategies do people have?

> hi all,
> i found the referenced [above] blog entry interesting.
> i didn't understand all of it, but it was engaging.

Perl's TMTOWTDI is much in evidence here.

> the blog entry is by luke palmer.
> i wondered why i hadn't seen his name lately;
> now i have some idea why.

Heh.

Cheers,
David.