[oak perl] Interesting Perl 6 Article

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu May 24 11:58:35 PDT 2007

Link:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2007/05/10/everyday-perl-6.html

Hi All,
The link is to a Perl 6 article that looks good to me.
I especially like the many side by comparisons
of Perl 5 and Perl 6 syntax.
A simple example follows
(which likely teaches you nothing new about Perl 6):
    # Perl 6                            # Perl 5
    my $third = @array[2];              my $third = $array[2];
    my $beta  = %hash{'beta'};          my $beta = $hash{'beta'};
(The example is best viewed in a fixed font.)

However, I'm skeptical of the first sentence in the article:
   "Perl 6 will soon be here."
The author apparently thinks "Christmas 2007",
however he also says he could be wrong.
Personally, I'd be happy with Christmas 2010
or anytime before that.

If someone wishes to review this article,
that would be cool. :)
Unfortunately I have nothing concrete to offer
for doing that :(

George