[oak perl] Job Opportunity at eBay/Rent.com

Russell, Meredith mrussell at ebay.com
Wed May 23 09:57:59 PDT 2007

Hi,

I wanted to spread the word about a few perl developer opportunities at
rent.com in Santa Monica. Please see the details below and send me your
resume if you're interested or know of anyone looking for a new
opportunity.

Thanks! Meredith

Rent.com is a 7 year old company that is the leading online apartment
rental listing service. We are owned by eBay and headquartered in a
beautiful Santa Monica class A office complex. With fewer than 100
employees we are light on bureaucracy and operate nimbly, and benefit
from the tremendous resources of eBay.  Rent.com's Engineering Team is
seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us! We are looking
for someone who is interested in making a big impact as part of a small,
dynamic team and is looking to have broad responsibilities.

Primary Job Responsibilities:

We are looking for someone who can use Perl as a serious high level
programming language in large, complex, high performance applications.
We love Perl and so should you.

Required skills:

*         BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent.

*         7+ years of relevant work experience.

*         Solid knowledge of Perl/mod_perl

*         Proficient in SQL and schema design

*         Proficient in Object Oriented design and development

*         Comfortable in Linux/Unix environment

*         Web technologies including HTTP/HTML/XML

*         Experience in version control (CVS/Subversion)

*         Good communication skills

*         Able to work effectively alone and as part of a team

Desired skills:

      *         HTML::Mason experience

      *         Javascript/Ajax frameworks

      *         Experience with open source software

      *         Experience with other high level languages like Java,
C/C++