[oak perl] Useful Modules

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Wed May 2 22:44:37 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 07:42:58PM -0700, George Woolley wrote:
> Hi All,
> A couple of people have expressed interest
> in what modules people find useful.
>
> Do you think "Useful Modules"
> would be a good theme for a meeting?
> Would you be likely to come to such a meeting?
> Would you be likely to talk a little about a module(s)
> you've found useful?

I'm up for speaking.  My frequently used modules include log4perl
and Getopt::Declare.  I'm rather fond of Perl6::Export::Attrs too,
for those rare cases where I'm actually exporting (as opposed to
coding OO).  I'll probably think of more later.

PS:  Getopt::Declare is a weird one.  It's kind of a Damian thought
experiment gone horribly wrong, or horribly right, depending on how
you look at it... but it's definitely an instructive experiment to do.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/