[oak perl] BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds March 14, 7PM

Judy Russoniello judyrussoniello at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 15:24:25 PDT 2007

thank you for the INvite........paz y bien judy

Chris Barton Anderson <cba at groundworkopensource.com> wrote:  (Hi: You're invited to the BayLISA Monitoring SIG, Weds March 14, 7PM.
See the meeting announcement pasted below: feel free to post it and/
or forward it along to anyone else who might be interested. Many
thanks!)

March '07 BayLISA Monitoring SIG: COSMOS

Craig Thomas will present on COmmunity Systems Management Open Source
(COSMOS), the Eclipse initiative to standardize Systems Management
interfaces (http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/). This is a chance to
hear about this project and figure out how it relates to our efforts
to document and promote best practices in Systems Management. We'll
also have freeform Q&A where you can take advantage of the assembled
wisdom to tackle your thorniest (or most basic) monitoring issues.

What: BayLISA Monitoring SIG V: COSMOS - COmmunity Systems
Management Open Source
Who: Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools:
newbies particularly welcome!
When: Wednesday, March 14 2007, 7PM
Where: GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How: 139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park. It is two blocks
from the CalTrain Depot. Take the MUNI N trolley "inbound" to 2nd
and King (ballpark stop) or take the 15 or 30 buses (among others)
crosstown. Free evening street parking can usually be found.
Cost: Free!!

Piping hot pizza, refreshingly cold pop, and tepid, room temperature
snacks will be provided by GroundWork. We'll open up the doors at
6:30 or so and start the formal part of the meeting promptly at 7PM.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui at groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573