[oak perl] 6 Book Giveaways [i still have 1 to give away.]

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Wed Jun 20 13:40:24 PDT 2007

Thus David Alban:
> Hmmm...  IMHO it *needs* to end up in the hands of a perl programmer.
> It may be the best perl book I've ever bought (well, besides
> _programming_perl_).  It describes lots of techniques that would make
> the world much better!

I would like to offer an urgent second to this. My hope would be
that it's gone unclaimed because everyone reading this list
already has a copy; but if you're without one, grab it. There are
some great Perl books out there, but _Perl best practices_ should
definitely be your Perl book #2 right after the Camel (or #3 after
whatever you used to learn Perl and the Camel).

The only complaints I've encountered about it have come from those
who for some reason ignore Damian's exceptionally clear
explanation of how he hopes the book will be used.

Two thumbs up. Plus eight fingers, ten toes, and any other
available uppable appendage.

mtheo

--
<mtheo>