[oak perl] Fwd: Perl QA position in Hayward, CA

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Mon May 8 16:11:34 PDT 2006

See thread at the end of March for more on this recruiter.
Perhaps, Adrien and/or Steve have updates?

Subject: Perl QA position in Hayward, CA
Date: Monday 08 May 2006 14:10
From: "Doug Jonson" <doug_jonson at oxfordcorp.com>
To: "George Woolley" <george at metaart.org>

Hi George,
Could you post this position on the Oakland Perl Mongers website?

Thanks!

-Doug Jonson

If interested, please send resume to:

Doug Jonson
OXFORD INTERNATIONAL
Work: (800) 260-8844, ext 3360
doug_jonson at oxfordcorp.com

Position: Software Q&A Engineer, NMS Application Testing

Introduction:

Global leader in providing converged optical access solutions based on GPON
 technology. As the world's biggest service providers accelerate their
 fiber-based broadband access network deployment, we are expanding our
 engineering team to meet the growing demand for GPON access solutions.

We are currently seeking a software Q&A engineer with minimum 5 years of
 experience in networking/telecom industry to test network management
 applications for complete line of optical access products.

Responsibilities:

  a.. Develop and execute test cases and plans for functional, performance,
 stress, and regression testing b.. Develop automation testing plans
  c.. Ensure that all testing needs are being assessed and addressed
  d.. Effectively and accurately document all QA results
  e.. Plan testing activities to meet release schedules
  f.. Maintain NMS test lab
Mandatory Qualifications:

-          Strong application software testing experience. Preferably in
 NMS/EMS area.

-          Well versed in software quality assurance methodologies

-          Strong experience with one or more automation testing tools

-          Strong experience with programming with script languages such as:
 Tcl, Python and/or Perl

-          Strong trouble-shooting skills. Attention to details

-          Good understanding of telecommunication and enterprise networks

-          Good understanding of distributed and Web-based software
 applications

-          Good experience with databases in general and RDBMS (Oracle,
 MySQL, etc..) in particular

-          Good verbal and written communication skills

Education:

Bachelor in CS, CE, EE or MIS required.

Doug Jonson
Technical Recruiter, Software/Hardware