[oak perl] CoMPare and LiNk (cmpln) utility

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 2 08:07:14 PST 2006

Well, just finished it (my CoMPare and LiNk utility, cmpln) off
essentially this past weekend (and some cosmetic tweaks and one teensy
efficiency tweak on Monday).  Have a look at
http://www.rawbw.com/~mp/perl/ for a bit of description and access to
the code itself.

I'd been poking at it on-and-off (often once in a great while) for quite
a while - wasn't exactly a high priority project, ... but one that was
an exceedingly good fit for Perl, and a very bad fit for C or shell,
hence I "of course" implemented it in Perl :-).

I've got another useful utility I finished off ~Nov. last year, perhaps
I'll get that one up on that page too, and perhaps even relatively
soon.

Oh, ... yes, and critiques welcomed (particularly on cmpln ... the older
backup stuff probably has lots of stuff I already know how to do much
better, but haven't gotten around to updating/rewriting that one).

Quoting Shannon Prickett: