[oak perl] How to remove a Perl Module installed by CPAN.pm

sk skolupae at sonic.net
Sat Jun 10 18:27:08 PDT 2006

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to remove a module
which perl -MCPAN -e'shell' installed ?

I have been trying to install XML::RAI, a
prerequisite for the "perlpodder.pl" program I want to run.

CPAN.pm fails the installation of XML::RAI because some
tests fail.

I haven't been able to find a log file under
~root/.cpan to reveal anything about the failure.  No specific info
on the test failure.

Each dependency is requires an explicit version number.

The README file for XML::RAI shows 4 dependencies, with 3 of
them satisfied exactly.  The situation with the 4th module,
Date::Parse, is unclear.   Version 2.26 is required, but 2.27 is present
on the system.

Not knowing if perlpodder's author is serious about 2.27, I want to
remove 2.27 and install 2.26.   Any ideas?