[oak perl] Oakland Public Library electronic catalog still has issues(? ... !)

Kester Allen kester at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:30:11 PDT 2006

Hi Michael--

I think you had the misfortune to attempt a search during some sort of
database or network outage on the library's system-- I use the Oakland
library site a few times a week, and although it is very slow, I can't
remember the last time I got an actual timeout.  The overall
experience is a lot like using AOL over dialup :) but it usually
works, eventually.  I'd give your search another try.

Another nice thing about the Oakland library is that you can request
books from anywhere in the system to be delivered and held for you at
your local branch.  I'm currently working my way through the Patrick
O'Brian Aubrey/Machurin novels through them :)

--Kester