[oak perl] LinuxWorld Outing: 2-??, Tu., Aug. 15

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Sat Jul 15 22:18:57 PDT 2006

Hi Mark,

== Thanks
Thanks for letting me know you are coming.
That's useful to know.

Thanks also for watching out for the accuracy
of my (June 23rd) announcement.

== Eugene
For reasons you may be aware of,
I don't expect Eugene to be there.

But we shall see.

== Badges
The reasons I had for supposing people who registered
for an exhibits only pass early (i.e., by July 14)
would receive their badges in the mail were
* a confirmation email I received shortly after registering
  which said so. (See snipet below my "signature".)
* my past experiences with LinuxWorld.
I was not aware of a conflicting statement by LinuxWorld
and went with what they said in the confirmation I received.

I gather you received a communication
that conflicts with the confirmation on this.
If that is so,
I have no idea what their plan is.

In any case, the confirmation I received said
to receive your badge in the mail
you needed to register by July 14 (which is past).

As far as I know it's still advanageous to register
before the event (i.e. by 8/13)
* to speed up your entrance
* to be sure to avoid paying $50

==
George

P.S. I'm hoping you registered today,
in which case the communication you describe
is consistent with the confirmation I received.