[oak perl] Ideas for Book Giveaways?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Mon Feb 6 17:02:37 PST 2006

I'm not sure when we'll next meet.
If nothing comes up soon,
I'll likely just set up a "social" get together sometime.

When next we do get together,
we'll have giveaways.
Likely, I'll ask Marsee (of O'Reilly) to send some books
for the giveaways.
(I have some books to giveaway but could use more.)

Does anyone have suggestions for what to ask for?
Ideally it should be
*  Something you yourself would be interested in.
   (That way I know there's at least one person interested.)
and
*  Something you think a number of people would be interested in.
   (That way I know it's likely I'll be able to give the book away.)
Other suggestions are also welcome.

Also, if anyone wishes to bring some giveaways
(not necessarily books),
that would be wonderful.

George