[oak perl] CPAN problem...

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Sun Sep 18 13:15:20 PDT 2005

Folks...

I've got a new SuSE 9.3 PRO box up & running  (thank you, Adrien... MUCH
better than FreeBSD!).

Anyway, I'm installing the perl modules I need and ran into a problem:

I tried to install Maypole and got a bunch of errors, so I figured I'd install
things one at a time.

The command:
	cpan> install Template::Toolkit
results in:
> Warning: Cannot get Template::Toolkit, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
>     i /Template::Toolkit/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.

So, I do an:
	cpan> i /Template::Toolkit/
> No objects found of any type for argument /Template::Toolkit/

Yet, when I do an:
	cpan> i /Toolkit/
it shows these distributions (plus lots of other stuff):
> Distribution    A/AB/ABW/Template-Toolkit-1.07.tar.gz
> Distribution    A/AB/ABW/Template-Toolkit-2.14.tar.gz

I also tried:
	cpan> get Template::Toolkit
> Warning: Cannot get Template::Toolkit, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
>     i /Template::Toolkit/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.

What am I missing here?

Thanks...jon

And, yes, this email is coming from the new box. I can highly recommend SuSE!