[oak perl] Oakland.pm September Meeting

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Fri Sep 2 11:31:41 PDT 2005

Thanks, George... I'm going to try to be there.

I have a question for the group... maybe this is an appropriate topic.

What is the 'best' way to set up a development environment so that one can
include modules for OO programming (e.g., using Class::DBI for database
access), structured for testing (e.g., using Test::More), and for web
development (probably using Template::Toolkit) so that I can develop the
application, test it as I go, and then package and 'distribute' it to the
web server where I will actually be running the app. I want to use
Module::Build and some of its extensions to make things easier.

I'm open to other tools, but I expect that the development environment /
directory structure should(?) be similar.

Thanks much...jon

> Here we go again.
> This time the topic is Perl (and related) humor.
> Please feel free to take "related" broadly.
> E.g. Geek humor an Open Source humor
> are certainly included.
> George
>
> cut & paste from home page
> http://oakland.pm.org/
> Next meeting
>     * when: 1-3pm, Saturday, Sept. 10th
>     * where:
>       Grand Lake Neighborhood Center
>       530 Lake Park Ave., Oakland CA
>     * directions: [link to] directions and ascii map
>     * theme: Perl (and related) humor
>     * activities:
>           o introductions
>           o giveaways
>           o show & tells and whatever
>             on the theme
>     * who: open to anyone interested.
>     * how much: no fee for our meetings.
>       However, the neighborhood center would appreciate
>       (but does not require)
>       a donation of $1 per person for the use of their space.
>     * RSVP: is a big help to me but is not required.

      Connecting Business and Technology

Jon Seidel, CMC                   +1-510-530-6314
EDP Consulting, Inc.                www.edpci.com

CMC (Certified Management Consultant) is a certification mark awarded by
the Institute of Management Consultants USA and represents evidence of the
highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canons of the
profession. Less than 1% of all consultants have achieved this level of
performance. See www.imcusa.org/hireacmc.acgi.