[oak perl] Fwd: Re: BaySUG 2005 - Super User Group Meeting (fwd)

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu Oct 6 10:22:32 PDT 2005

Subject: Re: BaySUG 2005 - Super User Group Meeting (fwd)
Date: Thursday 06 October 2005 9:46 am
From: Jennifer Davis <sigje at sigje.org>
To: George Woolley <george at metaart.org>

Please do let your user group know that BaySUG '05 Registration is live.
Although the agenda is not finalized, I can tell you that the confirmed
speakers
are Jeremy Allison, from Samba, and Chris DiBona, from Google on the
Summer of Code Projects.  There is a limited number of registrations
possible (the
venue is ~300).  First come first served, but if any of the leaders do
find that they can't register as it's full let me know, and I'll talk to
the USENIX
folks.  Depending on the popularity, we might be able to expand to other
rooms.

After the technical talks, there will be a reception, and group leaders
can get together and discuss topics like member retention, coordinating
speakers,
meeting space - vendor sponsored or rental, and more.

It does ask if you are a SAGE or USENIX member only to make your contact
information populated for the registration.  You do _not_ have to be a
SAGE or
USENIX member to attend.

Thanks!  I look forward to meeting you folks that I haven't met and to
have a really great time.

--
Jennifer Davis
BayLISA, Board of Directors