[oak perl] Fwd: BaySUG 2005 - Super User Group Meeting (fwd)

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Oct 5 17:59:57 PDT 2005

This sounds interesting, but I can't go.
(It conflicts with our meeting for one thing.)

Anyone else interested in going
and representing us?

We can talk about this at our meeting on Saturday.
George

Subject: BaySUG 2005 - Super User Group Meeting (fwd)
Date: Wednesday 05 October 2005 2:21 pm
From: Jennifer Davis <sigje at sigje.org>
To: george at metaart.org

George,

BayLISA and USENIX are putting together a SuperUser group meeting for
November 12, 2005 at the Computer History Museum.  It will be a free
event to attendees, but limited to ~300 people.  Registration should open
 next week.

We are putting together the agenda now, but I wanted to let you know about it
so you can let
your group know as well (and get involved!).  The plan is to get the
 different groups together
and crosspollinate some ideas, share resources, and get to know each other.
 In general figure
out what we can do for each other to improve all of our groups for the
 better, in terms of
having good speakers (no repeats within the same month).  It will start at
 1pm with
introduction, then speakers, prize giveaway, and then a tour of the Computer
History Museum.

If your group wants to be part of this, let me know.  I'd appreciate
any input about this event.  We are still confirming the speaker (should
be good. It will be an Open Source Software in use type talk, and related
to community needs), but actual activities we are still working out.
There is a main lobby that we will have tables set up for groups to have
any promotional materials.

The website for the event is located at
 http://www.usenix.org/events/baysug05/

If you want your group included as a "Group Participant" of the Super User
Group meeting please send an email to baysug05groups at usenix.org

Name of Group:
Website of Group:
Leader Contact Information: