[oak perl] Requests for Advise: Perl CGI or PHP?

Eugene eugene at metaart.org
Tue Nov 29 18:54:35 PST 2005

Hi Zed,
Thanks for your response.

I don't have to distribute the site.
However the space I have
(which is free to me -- and I like that price)
has PHP and Perl but not mod_perl.

> How well do you know each?
Probably, well enough to do the simple things
I'll constrain myself to.
Well, I'll probably end up looking up a few things.

You say PHP is a godawful mess
and that it's evil.
I'm not clear what that means,
however it sounds like
if I keep it simple it won't likely bite me.
Let me know if I'm confused on this.

Eugene