[oak perl] Requests for Advise: Perl CGI or PHP?

Eugene eugene at metaart.org
Sun Nov 27 21:03:47 PST 2005

I'm thinking of upgrading my personal website,
mostly to make it easier to maintain.
I want to do this upgrade now while the site is small.
Initially, I'll likely focus on
header information and navigation.
I'm considering using either Perl CGI or PHP
as the basis for my upgrade.

Later, I don't know exactly what I'll want to do.
However, whatever I do will likely be simple.
For example, I do not expect to need to interface
with a database.

== Requests   <<<<<<
(1) I'd appreciate your thoughts on
      whether Perl CGI and PHP are reasonable choices.
(2) If you feel they are reasonable choices,
      I'd appreciate any insights
      that might assist me in choosing between them.

Thanks,
Eugene

P.S. So far, there's not much on my site,
though, at least, there are no under construction signs.
If you feel it would be useful to look at what I've created so far,
there is a link to my personal site
in my profile on the Oakland.pm site.