[oak perl] Mail Annoyance

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu May 12 19:34:46 PDT 2005

Recently, I've noticed annoying differences
between what I sent to the list
and what comes back.
Some (all?) end of lines are gone
and the last word of one line
is combined with the first of the next line.

At first, I thought that I was one of the few people affected.
But I get a lot of email from various PM lists,
much of which exhibits the problem,
so now I'm less sure.

One email that came my way had code in it.
The result was sure not easy to read.

Questions:     <<<
(1) Has anyone else experienced this?
(1a) If so, did you find it annoying?
(2) Does anyone know anything about
what is likely to be causing this?
There's some additional information
after my "signature".
(3a) Does anyone know if there is a way
to turn this off in the administrative interface?
(I looked around a little
and didn't see anything that looked relevant.)
(3b) Does anyone know a convenient way
to resolve this annoyance?
George

== Additional Information
Oh, some info about the context in which this occurs.
* mail program sent from:  kmail running on SuSE Linux 9.0.
* mailing list program for Oakland.pm:  Mailman 2.1.6rc3.
* outgoing mail via:  EarthLink
* incoming mail via:  LanMinds

And here's some clues
that may or may not be helpful.
* I've looked at some of the problem messages
in the archive using a browser
and they look fine.
* I sent a message to myself
which I thought might be affected,
but it came back fine.
* Some posts I receive do not have the problem.