[oak perl] running scripts in a DOS window

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Fri Jan 14 12:06:24 PST 2005

Sandy replies to Kester:

>>Another way is to give up and just run the script from a separate DOS
>>window in the first place, which is usually what I ended up doing :)
>
>Yes, I think I'll just leave it at that.  Thanks.

There's also the option of using nice editors (like UltraEdit and many
others, or even IDEs like <coff>lrnngcrv</coff> Eclipse+EPIC) that on a
keystroke will run your script and display the output in a separate pane.
Assuming, of course, that these are scripts you're working on rather than
in production.

Regards,
<mtheo>

PS - I finally fired the powerful but wretched Pegasus and am taking on
mail client interns, first candidate Eudora. Please let me know of any
mailer missteps, format faux pas, garish gaffes, or other "modern"
"features" I may be including without realizing it. I prefer wines huge and
red, women substantial and mature, and mail *PLAIN* *TEXT*, dammit. Thank
God for Ridge, my wife, and a mail client to be named later. And yes, I'm
stuck with needing a Windows mailer even if I'd prefer to do everything on
the FreeBSD boxes.