[oak perl] Recent presentations by Zed Lopez, Stephen Kolupaev and Kester Allen.

Adrien Lamothe alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 11:59:41 PST 2005

I forgot to mention Kester's presentation last month,
so better late than never. Kester presented a Perl
module he has developed, called Chart::Scientific,
that visually plots data sets. You can find his
module on CPAN. He probably wouldn't mind if you
tested it and provided him with feedback (I'll try
to do this when time permits.) Anyway, its cool that
several members of Oakland PM have placed modules
into CPAN.

This Tuesday, Zed Lopez delivered a very thorough
comparison of Python and Perl. Zed made a point-by-
point comparison of architecture, syntax, facilities
and how each language achieves object-orientation.
Zed's presentation was quite objective, though he
did alert the audience those times he felt he was not.
At the conclusion of Zed's presentation,
Stephen Kolupaev handed out hard-copy source code
of a Python program he has written. Stephen may
speak about Python at a future meeting.

=====