[oak perl] seeking comments on a perl tutorial I just found on web

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Jan 5 12:27:34 PST 2005

Steve,
I'd also be interested in
recommendations of Perl tutorials.
[to everyone: Recommendations?]

I wasn't aware of the tutorial you include a link to.
Out of curiosity, I looked at some of the items at the front.
You asked for comments on it,
so my comments follow my "signature".

George

Comments on 1st 13 Items
* Probably better as presentation notes
than as a self-teach tutorial.
* I liked that the examples were short and simple.
* Very Windows-centric.
* None of the examples I tried worked without modification.
The modifications needed were simple for me
but might put off a beginner.
* I'm not convinced read and seek
are appropriate so early.