[oak perl] file::find vs. learning recursive subs

David Alban extasia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:54:09 PST 2005

Greetings,

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:33:53 +0000, Sandy Santra <santranyc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> And, yeah, I'm a little disturbed that I can't find a simple
> command that queries a listing in a directory and tells
> me (automatically) whether something is a file or a directory,
> but maybe I'll write a loop for that, too.

I don't know about perldoc on windows, maybe it works the same as on
unix, but if you were on unix, I'd suggest you execute the following
commands at the command prompt:

  perldoc -f -x
  perldoc -f stat

These are building blocks.  You'll have to supply the loop. :-)

Or the more general:

  perldoc perlfunc

(Reading the last, while time intensive, is a good way to open ones
eyes even more.)

David
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.