[oak perl] Lexical vs. Package variables

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Thu Feb 10 20:02:48 PST 2005

Sandy...

A book that I found very useful when learning about OOP is
"Object-Oriented Programming" by Damian Conway. The introductory chapters
are very good, IMO, and then he goes into some very specific, detailed
implementations of OO, starting small and then moving up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1884777791/104-6663660-8107124

However, he uses some very complicated (to me, anyway) constructs in the
later chapters that I really had to pore over... his indirection, for one
thing. Also, he uses at least one experimental feature that is no longer
in the language (a Perl 5 thing about "hashed arrays"... I can't recall
the precise name), so that's an issue.

But I think it's an excellent text that can get you as deep as you want.
It just may have more than you want at this point.

...jon