[oak perl] Lexical vs. Package variables

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Thu Feb 10 07:03:30 PST 2005

Sandy...

Try 'perldoc' -- it should have been installed with your perl system; it's
my favorite approach to getting information about perl stuff.  Try:
   perldoc perldoc
for information about perldoc itself, and:
   perldoc perlboot
for the specific information you're looking for.

I particularly like the "perldoc -f <function>" option, which gives you
documentation about specific functions... keeps me from having to dig out
my perl book when I forget the details.

...jon

> Thanks for the rap on objects, Belden.
>
> Where/what is perlboot?  Website?  Man page?  How can I access it?
>

> --Sandy Santra

      Connecting Business and Technology

Jon Seidel, CMC                   +1-510-530-6314
EDP Consulting, Inc.                www.edpci.com

CMC (Certified Management Consultant) is a certification mark awarded by
the Institute of Management Consultants USA and represents evidence of the
highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canons of the
profession. Less than 1% of all consultants have achieved this level of
performance. See www.imcusa.org/hireacmc.acgi.