[oak perl] Corrected reference + Maypole question

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Thu Feb 10 00:25:12 PST 2005

Those at the meeting who were puzzled by my reference to the
"screencasting" article mentioned "in George's latest posting" to the list
were quite correct: it wasn't in a posting to oakland.pm, by George or
anyone else, but rather in the latest  O'Reilly Network Newsletter. The
eight-minute "movie" is quite a delight, especially since it inadvertently
proves a point or two in my rant. ;) Here's the blurb & link:
Heavy Metal Umlaut: The Making of the Movie

Jon Udell explains the process of making a documentary screencast, taking
a look at the various screencast genres and examining the potential
significance of this medium.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2005/02/07/primetime.html

Unrelated, has anyone played with Maypole? Has anyone actually used it for
any kind of production system and lived to tell the tale?

Finally, *completely* unrelated, and only of interest to a small subset of
those who suffered a certain notorious almost-lightning talk last year, my
wife & I were in LA over the weekend, and spent Saturday afternoon visiting
with Larry & Annie Schoenberg, son and daughter-in-law of Arnold. I can now
confirm from personal experience my contention that Arnie's children show
no signs of having been raised by a madman. I can also report that there is
something distinctly surreal about zipping down to a Pacific Palisades
burger joint in a Prius piloted by a mischiefmaking former HS math teacher
whose Dad was (a) the most influential composer of the last century and (b)
born in 1874.

Enjoyed the presentations, conversation, and new faces.

MT

--
<mtheo>
producer / classics without walls