[oak perl] ActiveState 5.8.6

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Tue Feb 8 11:21:27 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 10:56, Sandy Santra wrote:
> Thanks, Belden, I forgot about that other install program.
>
> But I'm concerned I don't meet this requirement:
>
> PerlScript: ActiveX scripting host such as IE 4.0+, or Windows Scripting Host
>
> I don't have IE on the Win95 machine I'm installing it on.

Really? I thought that's why Microsoft had such a fun time with
the Justice Department - because MS had bundled IE into their
OS.

You can check by doing start->run->explorer.exe . When your
Windows explorer launches, just put http://www.google.com
into the location bar and you're on your way.

If this doesn't work and you've got your Windows install disks,
then you can go the Control Panel, run Add/Remove programs, and
install IE. You'll be prompted for the Windows disk, and it'll
install.

If you don't have the disks, then you'll need to get a copy of
them. (I think I've got a set at home that you could use, just
contact me off-list.)

Belden