[oak perl] Good perl examples on the web

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Fri Feb 4 14:54:55 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:45:34PM -0800, Belden Lyman wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 13:49, David Fetter wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 01:33:47PM -0800, Belden Lyman wrote:
> > >
> > > For anyone who needs some good perl examples to look at and
> > > learn from, take a peek at Randal Schwartz's columns at
> > > http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/columns.html
> > >
> > > Does anyone know any other websites that consistently have good
> > > perl code?
> >
> > Nope, but I've got a way to vet them.  If you find a site with
> > perl code on it, hie it hither before getting too deep into it. :)
>
> How do you vet?  run using Safe, or eyeball the code?

TMTOWTDI. :)

Putting the code in front of a bunch of people, each of whom has
experience & different ways of assessing it would be the "meta-way."

For example, Matt's Script Archive and its spawn have a certain stench
to them.  Then there's checking whether it's "strict clean," "warnings
clean," etc.

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!