[oak perl] Minitalks?

Zed Lopez zed.lopez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:08:31 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

Is anyone driving to the meeting from Berkeley? If so, could I hitch a
ride, please? (Otherwise, I can take the 51 bus most of the way...)

Some thoughts on hash talks -- one of:

hash slices (elementary, but I find some people aren't conversant with them)

using multiple elements for your hash keys, and how you can use this
to simulate an n-dimensional array (this was standard practice before
Perl 5, and has fallen into disuse since we've had references, but it
can still be a useful tool)

hashes: the internal representation (it'll be a squeeze to fit this in
5 minutes, but what the heck.)

Is there going to be a flip-chart or anything speakers can write on?

Zed