[oak perl] Perl Meeting [thanks]

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Nov 10 17:09:37 CST 2004

Jon,
Thanks for coming to the meeting
and for participating.

report:
I spaced on the report I asked for on "Perl Whirl".
Sorry, my error.

If you wish to do the report in December, kool.
(But no problem if you prefer not to.)
Let me know.

meeting place:
At the meeting,
you mentioned the Rockridge library
as possible place to meet.
>From what you said
it sounds like a quite suitable place for us.

Looking on the web, I see
   http://www.oaklandlibrary.org/Branches/rockridge.htm
I think that's the library you were referring to.
(If not, let me know.)

It looks like their hours on Tuesday only go to 8pm.
To use their facilities it looks like
we likely would have to meet on Saturdays.
(My understanding and my experience is
that keeping the meeting time constant
is a really good idea.)

Looking further at
  http://www.oaklandlibrary.org/about/meeting-room_policy.html
I think it is debatable whether we qualify for using the room.
At best, we are a low priority user.
Also, I'm particularly discouraged by items 4 and 14.

Given my limited time for this search,
I'm inclined to explore other possibilities.

However, if you are motivated to explore further, kool.
You might discover that
* going to 9:30pm on Tuesday is not a problem
* that we are higher priority for them than I've concluded
* ...
or some such.

Anyway, the thought is much appreciated.
And it suggests two other place to look
which I'll explore.

giveaways:
Thanks for bringing stuff.
That really helps.

Stephen seemed quite pleased to get the CD.
And I've started looking through
The issue of the Perl Journal.

George