[oak perl] RE: Oakland Digest, Vol 16, Issue 16

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Mon Nov 1 11:38:01 CST 2004

Sure, glad this is helping. I'm surprised you can't get Test::More
to install. If you've got a perl that's 5.8.0 or higher, then you
should just have it: it's a core module. What version of perl are you
using (and does your perlmodlib.pod include Test::More under the
'Standard Modules' section)?

If updating your perl isn't an option, then this may help:

    C:\>perl -MTest::More -le "print $INC{q,Test/More.pm,};
        print $Test::More::VERSION"

    C:/Perl/lib/Test/More.pm
    0.45

AFAICT Test::More is Pure Perl, so in a pinch you should be able
to just download the tarball and pop it in place somewhere in your
@INC.

Belden, scratches head furiously

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 14:01, Jon Seidel, CMC wrote:
> Thanks very much, Belden... That fixed the problem with Class::DBI,
> which I have now installed. Interestingly enough, they haven't ported
> Test::More, which is a little surprising.
>
> ...jon
>
> > Belden
> >
> > ====
> >
> > ppm> rep
> >
> > Repositories:
> >
> > [1] ActiveState PPM2 Repository
> > [2] ActiveState Package Repository
> >
> > ppm> rep describe 1
> > Describing Active Repository 1:
> >     Name: ActiveState PPM2 Repository
> > Location:
> > http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver-5.8-windows.pl
> ?urn:/PPMServer
>     Type: PPMServer 2.0
>
> ppm> rep describe 2
> Describing Active Repository 2:
>     Name: ActiveState Package Repository
> Location:
> http://ppm-ia.ActiveState.com/PPM/ppmserver-5.8-windows.plex?urn:/PPM/Se
> rver/SQL
>     Type: PPMServer 3.0
>
> ====

Belden Lyman                         1.800.878.6600
Special Projects Engineer            1.510.655.6200
Innovative Interfaces, Inc.          mailto:blyman at iii.com