[oak perl] Fwd: [pm_groups] OSDC - Open Source Developers' Conference - Call for Papers

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Sat May 29 17:00:45 CDT 2004

Subject: [pm_groups] OSDC - Open Source Developers' Conference - Call for
Papers
Date: Thursday 27 May 2004 2:41 pm
From: Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au>
To: pm_groups at pm.org

Hi Perl Mongers of the World.

I understand that many of you are still setting up your web and mail
servers. But when they are all well, would you mind forwarding this on
to your groups please.

Thanks

Scott

G'day Perl Mongers,

The first Australian OSDC (Open Source Developers' Conference) will be
held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of December 2004 at Monash University,
Caulfield in Melbourne.

The conference is being organised by the Melbourne Perl Mongers and will
be a YAPC-style grass roots conference for developers organised and
presented by developers, aiming to promote open source development in
Australia.

OSDC will be a great opportunity for Open Source devotees to attend an
affordable conference where the main focus is software development.
Companies and other organisations will find the conference an ideal
avenue for providing professional development for staff, identifying
partners and promoting their services.

Planning for the first conference stream: "YAPC - Yet Another Perl
Conference" is well progressed, and other conference streams are in the
pipeline.

Our OSDC/YAPC call for papers is out and we would like to see
Open Source Developers from all around the world presenting.

The Call for Papers can be found at:
	http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/call_for_papers.html

The important dates are:
	Proposals deadline:	28th June 2004
	Proposals acceptance:	29th July 2004
	Submission deadline:	20th September 2004
	Review results:		8th October 2004
	Proceedings version:	8th November 2004
	Conference:		1st - 3rd December 2004

We look forward to receiving your proposals.

	Jacinta Richardson  -- OSDC Programme Chair
	Scott Penrose -- OSDC Chairman

***                http://www.osdc.com.au/              ***

- --
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.