[oak perl] Introduction [bare faced liar?]

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Jul 14 19:44:28 CDT 2004

[This is part 1 of my response to your intro.]

Steve,
welcome:
Again, thanks for subscribing.
And thanks for posting
and for setting off a number of other posts.

Thanks for playing.

introductions archive:
> > Are the introductions specifically
> > archived anywhere?
No.
The closest thing we have to that
is member profiles by members
who wish to have one at:
   http://oakland.pm.org/detail/members.html

a bald faced liar?:
Hm, let me see.
Well, these days I don't have a beard or mustache.
Yep, I am clean shaven,
well, most of the time.
But was I lying about people doing introductions
on the list?

As is generally the case IMO,
Adrien's recollections are correct.
Here's three references to introductions,
one from each of the three years
we've been around:
   me: 2002-11-06
   Robert Kuropkat: 2003-04-30 (in 2003-05 archive)
      (Robert is "normally" host of our monthly meetings.)
   Benjamin Elijah Griffin: 2004-01-08
      (Elijah was active in NY.pm way back when.)
I'm not inclined to look back through all the posts,
but that's definitely not all the introductions.

It's kind of fun being thought of as a bald faced liar --
sounds decisive.
Hm, in college I was, perhaps, a hairy faced truth teller.
And now it's come to this.
Oh, well.

Anyway, I'll reflect on what's so
and try to do a better job
communicating about introductions.
My use of "many" seems questionable to me.
(Hm, I may need to do
further research and reflection on that.)
Also, examples might be quite helpful.
Thanks for the enjoyable feedback.

Also, thanks for being a good sport
and having the point of view