[oak perl] DnD

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Thu Jan 8 16:51:40 CST 2004

Craig McLaughlin wrote:

> Greetings to all and Happy New Year...
>
> I was wondering if anyone has done any Drag and Drop (DnD) work in perl?
> Preferably with GTK, and ideally involving dragging & dropping between
> applications.
>
> I've started researching this, but it's quite slow going.  Any pointers to
> reference information, simple samples, etc, would be mucho appreciated.
>
> --Craig

Intra-application drag-n-drop using Tk.pm:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/12/11/perltk.html

Inter-application drag-n-drop using Gtk.pm:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-January/msg00012.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-January/msg00013.html

Have a look at the gtk-perl archives (google them up), this is probably
a common question.

I don't do much of anything with any of the widget libraries, (so take
that as the caveat that it is when reading above resources ;) but I
suspect that the correct DnD code to use will be very specific to the
widget library in question. Which means that a Wx example might be
academically interesting to look at, but not terribly useful when
trying to translate into Gtk.

*sigh* and here I thought you were going to talk about D&D.

hth
Belden