[oak perl] introduction

B. E. G. oaklandpm at eli.users.panix.com
Thu Jan 8 15:51:38 CST 2004

Normally I lurk a while to get a feel for a list before posting,
but George invites me to introduce myself.

My name is Benjamin Elijah Griffin, I normally post to Usenet as
'Eli the Bearded', my CPAN handle is ELIJAH. I used to be active
in the comp.lang.perl.* groups, but I haven't touched them in a
few years now.

Similarly, I used to be active in NY.pm, back when it was the only
Perl Mongers group, but I moved to CA in 1998, and to east bay in
1999, and haven't been to a PM group since leaving NY.

I program in Perl, C, and PHP for work; Perl, C, and Postscript for
myself. (Only a little PS.) I don't like OO, I do like regexps. I'm
the RFC guru in my office. Internationalization issues interest me.

I don't feel like trying to fit this into the roles/profile format
used for the Oakland.pm member list.

Elijah
------
a touched up ny.pm sig:
perl -e 's O Oreverse q K ny pm srekcah lrep dnalkao emosKOex and s Pmp ynP
P and s MsMjust sMx and print and s KOPM MPOK Kis or reverse and print q AA'