[oak perl] Fwd: Excel Annoyances Needed for New Book

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Fri Feb 6 18:50:12 CST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 07:43:34PM -0500, B. E. G. wrote:
> David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:
> > Top Excel Annoyance:  I can't buy a Linux version :)
>
> Spreadsheet::ParseExcel has worked well for me (reading and
> writing), no fancy GUI or anything, but who needs one of those? :^)

I like Spreadsheet::ParseExcel, and I'd like still more to do
spreadsheet-ish things with a spreadsheet.  I even bought a copy of MS
Office for my Mac laptop.  The existence of this product demonstrates
that MS is perfectly able to port their stuff to *n*x using a GUI
vastly different from their usual one.

Anyhow, that date math thing is pretty annoying, too.  I bumped into
it at work. :P  OTOH, I have work, so I'm not complaining :)

Cheers,
David Fetter david at fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100    cell: +1 415 235 3778