[oak perl] Perl 6 Rules

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Mon Apr 26 01:25:58 CDT 2004

The subject of this email could be
* a rough synonym of "Perl 6 Rocks" or "Perl 6 Is Cool"
* a reference to what has replaced regexes in Perl 6
* a lead in to a discussion of context and ambiguity

Which is it?
I guess I'm called on to choose.
Or maybe not.

'Tsall good in the Perl 6 domain.
Things are moving faster than I expected.
It looks like we'll get a 2nd edition of Perl 6 Essentials
later this year.
According to the O'Reilly site,
the title will be "Perl 6 & Parrot Essentials", 2nd Edition
and the projected release date is June 2004.

One of the things that is supposed to be included is
expanded coverage of Perl 6 rules
(i.e. the Perl 6 replacement for regexes).
And now that Larry Wall has come out with Apocalypse 12,
there can be good coverage of objects.

Given how ambiguous English is,
it's amazing we 're still around.
Or maybe that's because of the ambiguities.

I think Heidi had it right: "'Tsall good."