[oak perl] Review of "Perl Medic"

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Fri Apr 9 00:24:10 CDT 2004

> There's a review of "Perl Medic"
> on the Oakland.pm site
> at   http://oakland.pm.org/reviews/medic.html
> should you wish to read it.

Great timing -- I just saw this book for the first time on Sunday and
picked it up immediately, because I'm about to plunge into cleaning up
a huge old unwieldy CGI program sorely in need of revision; it was
written four years ago by somebody else, i.e. by the four-years-ago me.
Looks like just the ticket.

I haven't gotten too far into the book, but I second George's positive
review; just from some browsing around in it I've already got a list
bristling with things to try.

BTW I entirely agree with George that Hall & Schwartz, _Effective Perl
programming_, is anything but an "introduction" to Perl, but I would
still press it into the hands of anyone who's just past the first
humps, because it is a fantastic horizon-opener even relatively early
in the game.

Mark Theodoropoulos

--
<mtheo>