[oak perl] Most Annoying Regex?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Apr 6 00:59:13 CDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 3:09 pm, David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:13:12PM -0700, George Woolley wrote:
> > What's the most annoying regex you've encountered?
>
> Anything that doesn't fit on one line.   After that, they're all
> equally annoying, and don't belong in production code. :)
>
> Cheers,

David,
Thanks for the provocative response.

Based on your response,
my understanding is that your position is
that there are no production environments
in which which it is ever appropriate
to use regular expressions in production code.
Is that your view?

skoal,
George

Tony,
Any thoughts?
George

[Well, I was thinking of our guest Tony Stubblebine,
but if Tony Monroe,
or any other Tony or anyone else,
wishes to comment that's kool too.]