[oak perl] Making Activestate Perl & Cygwin perl play nicely

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Fri Sep 12 12:42:47 CDT 2003

I've got Cygwin (with cygperl, or whatever it calls itself)
installed on my win2k box here at work, and also have
Activestate Perl.

It took me a few minutes the other day to figure out that my
program wasn't working because I was trying to use a module
that I'd installed for my activestate perl, and I was actually
in a cygwin window. ("What do you mean, RTF::Parser not found?
I just installed it!")

Does anyone have a magic incancation that I can insert somewhere
so my cygperl looks at activeperl's @INC, and vice versa?

I'd prefer not to be tossing in 'use lib' at the top of my
programs, partly because I'm lazy and partly because some
of these programs need to run on different machines (Unix
servers which thankfully only have 1 perl installation).

Hmm, I always[1] 'use strict' and 'use warnings', so maybe I
should change both perls' strict.pm manipulate @INC the way I
want it to be... thoughts? Horrified reactions? Better
suggestions?

PERL5LIB and other environmental solutions won't work, because
those unshift() entries onto @INC, and I need to push() onto @INC.

Belden

1 - Well, except for when I don't. And then I'm being naughty,
     and deserve whatever grief I end up in :)