[oak perl] Re: OT: LCD projector rental

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Thu Oct 23 02:21:54 CDT 2003

I was the one who asked about this several months ago, and I'm happy to
report that I was *extremely* pleased with Oakland Audio-Visual
Services (actually in San Leandro). They will deliver and pick up
anywhere in the Bay Area for a very reasonable amount (e.g. 10 bux each
way for Berkeley). Delivery includes complete setup and test.

Huge inventory. Excellent sales help -- bent over backwards to be sure
we'd have a setup that met our needs. The tech they sent out was plenty
experienced and took care of everything -- roughly like finding your
budget rental car comes with a chauffeur, mechanic, and chef. As far as
I'm concerned, this is the outfit I'll be using from here on out.

They were great on the phone, but I'd recommend getting oriented at
www.oavs.com before you call. Downloading the PDFs of the catalog and
forms will speed things up for you.

Hope this helps.

Mark Theodoropoulos
Berkeley

Incidentally, as you can imagine, handing out machines whose mere
replacement bulbs cost $300 or so is not exactly a low-overhead, low-
expense business, so projector rentals are not cheap; don't expect to
get away with spending less than, er, the cost of a bulb. :)

--
<mtheo>
producer / classics without walls