[oak perl] Fwd: sv.pm.org - Perl jobs available

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Nov 19 02:02:57 CST 2003

Subject: sv.pm.org - Perl jobs available
Date: Monday 17 November 2003 11:16 pm
From: james at ActionMessage.com
To: georgepw at metaart.org

Fellow Perl Mongers:

I've received some requests to post Perl jobs that you or a friend may be
interested in.

Nice to see the economy is improving! Please pass-along.

Job #1
=====

http://jobs.perl.org/job/1066

Topica Inc.

Topica Email Publisher is the business solution for publishing,
delivering and marketing email content over the Internet. As a
full-service email marketing firm that delivers 500+ million messages a
month, Topica is able to produce and distribute newsletters, build
subscription bases for those products, and serve advertising. By
integrating these capabilities under one roof, Topica is uniquely
positioned to capture a large share of the newsletter publishing market.

Position Summary:

We are currently seeking a Sr. Web Applications/Web Development Lead
with strong organizational, communication and project management skills.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is responsible
for designing, developing and maintaining our email publishing and email
marketing automation web applications. Duties include application
design, technical specification creation and maintenance, coding,
documentation, debugging, as well as reviewing the work of other
engineers on the team.

Required Skills:

•4 years coding with object-oriented Perl
•4 years experience in building enterprise-level, database-driven web
 applications •4 years experience with Apache & mod_perl
•4+ years experience with HTML, Javascript, CSS, DHTML
•4+ years experience in Linux/Unix environment
•2 years coding in C
•Extensive experience with design patterns
•Solid knowledge of Oracle and SQL

Desired Skills:

•Ability to write good, clean, efficient, *maintainable* Perl
•Ability to read and debug bad, messy, inefficient, *unmaintainable* Perl
•Meticulous attention to detail
•Flexibility to function in a fast-paced, dynamic Internet/e-commerce
 production environment
•Excellent communication and problem solving skills

Job #2
=====

> I'm looking for a Perl programmer for a client who is  located
> in San Jose. I'm looking for:
>
> Strong Perl Scripting
>
> Some VB Script.
>
> Some Windows admin experience.
>
> Some LDAP
>
> Works well independently.
>
> Please let me know if you would be able to post a job for me.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate any help you can give me.
>
> Lauren Stewart
>
> Vado, Inc.
>
> 5000 Executive Parkway #140
>
> San Ramon, CA  94583
>
> Direct: (925) 824-3306
>
> Fax: (925) 275-8948
>
> www.vadoinc.com
> lstewart at vadoinc.com

Job #3
=====

Postini is hiring a Perl programmer for Redwood City.

Please see jobs.perl.org posting.

The End.