[oak perl] Re: [sf-perl] Grewvy Javascript module :)

Tony Monroe tony at nog.net
Mon Nov 3 11:25:15 CST 2003

Meditate ye upon the words of james:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:02:37 -0800, David Fetter wrote
> > Kind people,
> >
> > I've made a new perl module for doing dynamic javascript menus.  I'd
> > much appreciate it if you were to kick the tires & let me know if
> > they pop :)
>
> Some suggestions:
>
> 1) did you use h2xs to make that? I don't recall seeing lib/ before

He probably did.  h2xs in 5.8.1 creates a lib/ directory.  I like
the new h2xs.  More sane, friendlier to CVS.

[snip]

> 3) what's with 5.8.1 being required? Seems to install without it.

h2xs generates another clause in Makefile.PL for those who want to
require a minimum version.  It is, unfortunately, enabled by default.
I think this "feature" has been around sine 5.8.0.

-- tony