[oak perl] ouch

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu May 15 10:35:30 CDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 1:44 am, Mark Theodoropoulos wrote:
> Ah, yes . . . every Perl installation should be well-stocked with Acme
> modules . . . like Acme::DWIM (eliminates all the unsightly operators
> from your code, replacing them with the new all-purpose "..." operator,
> pronounced 'yadda yadda yadda' -- the code still runs, of course),
> Acme::Don::t (which finally provides the missing "don't" command to go
> along with Perl's built-in "do"), Acme::Time::Asparagus (it's Onion
> before Eggplant as I write this), Acme::YBFOD (invoked with "use
> YourBrainForOnceDude;"), and many more.
>
> Perhaps we should consider contributing a group effort module to the
> Acme namespace, with an appropriately tangy East Bay flavor?

Why not more than one module? Why not world domination?

Why can't we have our own space?
How about Ace? Oh, it's taken. Damn.
Well, I like the hardware metaphor.
In my searches I encountered
The Perl Hardware Store at    http://perl.plover.com/yak/hw2/
Very fun. But you all likely already know about it. Oh, well.

Modernity is one of my favorite sources.
I want modules like
Acme::Deconstruct   # does?
Acme::EitherOr    # changes ands to ors (exclusive ors, that is)
Acme::NeitherNor  # even more advanced
Acme::Hammer   # does? hey involves harware & modernity
Acme::Rules::Enforcer  # enforces whatever you want it to
Acme::Stricter    # even stricter than strict

And even
Acme::Modern   # gives us Acme::DWIM + many of the above + ...
Acme::WorldDomination
Acme::AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
Acme::Borg

Oh yeah, the subject of the post works for me:
Acme::Ouch

The possibilities are staggering. (But you knew that already.)
I look forward to whatever the plan turns out to be.
If we could produce a single module together (however simple)
that would be great.