[oak perl] OT: LCD projector rental?

Mark Theodoropoulos mtheo at amural.com
Thu Jul 24 18:38:31 CDT 2003

Off-topic, but this is probably the most effective group to ask in. Can
anyone recommend a local outfit for short-term rental of a data
projector? Needed only for my dad's memorial service next Friday
afternoon, 8/1, so two days is plenty. (I know, sounds a little
strange; but in the '60s he was a gifted photographer in medium-format
monochrome, and we want to show a small sampling of his work for those
who knew nothing of this pursuit of his.)

Last time I had to look into this was some years back now. I assume
it's still an arm and a leg but that's not an issue, just availability,
reliability, and maybe convenience being the main factors. No bells &
whistles, just XGA with decent lumens. Has anyone used local rental
firms lately? East Bay, SF, or Peninsula would be great, but anywhere
in greater Bay Area is fine. Many thanks.

Mark Theodoropoulos
Berkeley

--
<mtheo>