[oak perl] Looking Ahead: Bricolage Presentation

David Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Thu Jul 17 16:39:04 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 02:53  PM, George Woolley wrote:

> Everyone,
> I just received confirmation that David Wheeler
> will be giving us a Bricolage Presentation
> for our October meeting.
> [Thanks, David.]

My pleasure.

> What's Bricolage?
> Well, I gather it's
> * a comprehensive content management system
> * written in Perl
> * open source
> That's about what I know,
> plus that the references I see to it
> are unusually positive.

That's a good start. There's more information on the Bricolage site, as
well as the Kineticode site. See the "News" section of the Kineticode
site for links to articles about Bricolage.

   http://bricolage.cc/
   http://kineticode.com/

> If I understand correctly,
> David is the lead developer and maintainer for Bricolage.

Yes, and I founded Kineticode to provide consulting and support
services for Bricolage, as well.

> David, if you see this post and have time,
> please:
> * correct any errors or misstatements I've made,

None so far.

> * expand on anything you wish to and/or

See the sites mentioned above.

> * make a suggestion on how to start learning
> about Bricolage.

Bricolage is open source. You can download it and install it and play
with it if you like (requires Apache with static mod_perl, PostgreSQL,
and several million CPAN modules). I've also written an introduction to
Bricolage that has been published as Appendix D in the O'Reilly Mason
book.

   http://www.masonbook.com/

And of course, all of the documentation is on the Bricolage web site,
including some introductory documents, a FAQ, and a couple of HOWTOs.

   http://bricolage.cc/documentation.html

See you all in February!

Regards,

David