[oak perl] Perl resources on the web

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Tue Feb 4 11:02:59 CST 2003

Adrien's recent e-mail about finding http://jobs.perl.org
made me think that it would be a good idea to collect websites
related to perl. Here's a few I know about:

http://www.perl.com - the Perl homepage, hosted by O'Reilley.
They've got summaries of the Perl6 development; book reviews
(O'Reilley and other publishers); How-To type articles; a
small collection of useful Perl scripts. You can download the
source for Perl 5.8 from here, and visit CPAN. The thing that
kept attracting me back to it when I first found it was the
random Recipe of the day - each day, a new excerpt from the
Perl Cookbook.

http://use.perl.org - Perl advocacy homepage. There's lots of
folks that have journals up here - some of them look like
journals, others have a technical bent to them.

http://kobesearch.cpan.org - Randy Kobes' CPAN search engine.
This thing rocks; you can even configure your *nix desktop to
do a quick install of modules that look interesting to you.

http://www.perldoc.com - Just what it sounds like: perldocs,
and lots of 'em. The default docs are 5.8, but they've got
docs going back to 5.0 or thereabouts.

http://apprentice.perl.org - I found out about this one just
yesterday, reading an article at perl.com. This looks a bit
like a Perl-only Sourceforge site; the homepage describes its
mission, go check it out.

Belden