[oak perl] DSL or Cable, etc.?

M.Lewis cajun at cajuninc.com
Sun Feb 2 01:30:54 CST 2003

I believe the answer is DSL. With DSL, you have the POSSIBILITY of getting a
static IP. With cable, you do not.

I would think where you live, you could get either, but I could easily be
wrong.

I've had SBC (now SBC/Yahoo) for about 2 years now. I have 5 static IPs. I've
had ZERO trouble and only once has it been down. That  was this past week
when they were working on something on the pole outside.

With cable, you're sharing the connection with your neighbors. So the speed
you get today will almost certainly be reduced in the future. I have a friend
on cable. I would estimate his speed is maybe 1/3 of what it was when he had
it installed maybe 5 years ago.