[oak perl] New Member - Yet Another...

Robert Kuropkat robert-kuropkat at attbi.com
Wed Apr 30 23:42:34 CDT 2003

Following the fine example of Craig from Dublin, allow me to introduce MYSELF :-)

Name:  Robert Kuropkat
Occupation:  Programmer (no, really)
Perlishness:  Moderate (but I'm really impressed with myself)
Location:  Alameda
Current Status:  Hiding in the computer room while my wife watches "The Bachelor."

I started using PERL about '96 when my then boss said "Do this next project in PERL"  Ever since, I've
taken quite a fancy to it.  Beats the hell out of sed and awk.  My personal belief is it may well be
possible to save the world, just by using PERL.

Interests are both too many to list, and too many to do.  I really need to cut back on my hobbies.  Which
is of course why I joined yet another group.

Areas of PERL I am most interested in; OO PERL and PERL/Tk.   Which, amusingly enough don't
seem to mix very good.

Reason for searching out PERL Mongers:  the people I work with do NOT write good PERL and don't
seem interested in doing so.  I need some place to write and be inspired by GOOD, ney GREAT PERL
code!

I am currently planning to attend the next meeting.  What should I do/bring/expect?

For the marketing team :-) I came across this group via the web and http://www.perl.org 's list of user
groups.  Actually, I went to the SF PERL Mongers first and caught a link from thier site, but that's just
because I expected to see SF listed at perl.org and was surprised to find one in Oakland.  perl.org
would make things much easier if they listed groups by state...

Robert Kuropkat