[oak perl] New Member

Craig McLaughlin cpm at bitbucket.com
Wed Apr 30 19:10:54 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 16:02, Belden Lyman wrote:
> Craig McLaughlin wrote:
> > Greetings --
>
> Hi Craig, nice ta meetcha. (Hi Oakland, I *am* still alive.)

Same back atcha (although I guess for me it would be an announcement
that I'm alive, as I'd be surprised if any of you knew it before...).

> > Current Projects in Perl: working on a distributed content-addressable
> > network with nntp, http, and smtp front-ends.  No particular reason,
> > it's just something to do...
>
> Sounds like fun! I've seen London.pm talk about this a few times, e.g.
> http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm/Week-of-Mon-20030324/017917.html

Hm.  Interesting, but a slightly different bird.  For a brief
explanation of the type of CAN I'm talking about, see:

www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2001/p13-ratnasamy.pdf

NOTE: pdf file

> > PS: Tried, but failed to get onto the PBML because dnsrbl.net seems to
> > thing my 7-year-old statically IP'd DSL line is a DUN.  <sigh>
> >

> I'd bet that Mike'll take this as a request to join and will add you...

If he did, that'd be neat, but I don't think I'd be able to post, only
read. :)  It's not Mike's problem, really... it's the RBL he uses that
has the issue. (although I note the email I sent him off list seems to
have gone through... vewy intewesting).

--Curious Craig